- Sri Lanka is considered to be the astonished tourist destinations in Asia because of its invaluable location. It is a small Island with many captivating attractions that no other island in this world offers to its visitors. It is endowed with charming natural beauty, sun-kissed beaches, rich culture and heritage, wildlife parks, museums, art galleries,
colourfulfestivals, world famous gems, etc. Most of all the world-class hospitality, pleasant climate, mouth-watering cuisines andeasy accessibility have indeed made Sri Lanka a great tourist’s paradise.
- Sri Lanka has a long history to offer dating back to 2500 years as well as the Dutch, Portuguese and British Invasions. The exceptional architecture and ruins of palaces and monumental buildings still pay tribute to the extensive history of this magical island. Historically, Sri Lanka was a famous country among other nations. Indians call it as the Lanka of the Ramayana; it is the name by which it has always been known to its people. The Romans called it Taprobane,
becuaseof Ptolemy’s map of the world. The Arab traders of the past called Serendib to this Island for its serendipity.
- Almost hanging like a pendant from the southern tip of India, Sri Lanka is known as the Pearl of the Indian Ocean because of its tininess. One can explore many sun-kissed beaches in the coastal part of the country, where one can enjoy, surfing, diving, And also can enjoy the fascination of coral reefs, and the wrecks of Portuguese ships and British warships of World War 2.
- Sri Lanka offers two types of climates in the coastal part and the central part which is heartily called the Hill Country. So if one drives from the sunny coast to the central region, suddenly one can experience the difference of the climate. For miles around one could enjoy the hills and valleys covered by a sheet of tea, and the aroma of the fresh tea leaves. Definitely, they could enjoy the best tea in the world in the Nuwara-Eliya city of Sri Lanka.
- Another wonderful place one can visit in the enchanting hill country of Sri Lanka is Adam’s Peak, the only mountain in the world worshipped by the four significant Religions – Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism
andChristianity. Buddhists believe that rock formation near the summit is a footprint of the Buddha himself, Islamics believe that it to be the footprint of Adam, Hindus have a faith that it is the footprint of Lord Shiva, and they call it “Sivanoli paadamalai” and Christians believe that it is to be the depression caused by St.Thomas, the Apostle of Christ who came to preach in India and the East, as he knelt in repentance for his doubting the divinity of Christ. This place is an exception because nowhere in the world do the four major faiths unite in this manner.
SriLanka is a multi-ethnic country with, Sinhalese, Tamils, Moors, and Burghers. The four main religions in the country are Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam
Sri Lanka is +5:30 Greenwich Mean Time.
Lightweight cotton clothing is much easier to be worn in SriLanka. Conservative dresses on the streets are acceptable, and shorts and tiny dresses are not permitted in the places of worship, and also it is not permitted to wear your footwear in temples. A light sweater is recommended in the hill country. Bring rain proofs and, avoid synthetics.
Card operated telephone booths and cyber cafes can be found in most of the towns. Cards can be obtained at every grocery shops. Mobile telephone rentals are also freely available.
Prevention is better than cure, so it is highly recommended to drink Boiled water, bottled water,
210-240 volts, 50Hz, Alternating Current / Plug sockets take round pins.
The Rupee is the currency of Sri Lanka. The value fluctuates with world market rates. All commercial banks are authorized to exchange money and so are most tourist class hotels. American Express, Master Card and Visa Card are also widely accepted.
Mostly every foreigner can obtain a visa on arrival at the airport. It is best to check with your nearest Sri Lankan embassy. The visa that is issued at the point of entry is only valid for 30 days. Extensions can be obtained if you need to stay more from the Department of Immigration & Emigration in Colombo.
There are many various shops, malls, markets and shopping destinations in Sri
he general post office is situated in the city of Colombo. Other towns have central post offices. Privately run agency post offices, cyber cafes, communication centers also function throughout most of the country.
Welcome To The Tropical Paradise Of South Asia – Srilanka…
Often Remarked As’ Pearl Of The Indian Ocean…
Sri Lanka is considered to be the astonished tourist destinations in Asia because of its invaluable location. It is a small Island with many captivating attractions that no other island in this world offers to its visitors. It is endowed with charming natural beauty, sun-kissed beaches, rich culture and heritage, wildlife parks, museums, art galleries,